Robert Callahan is an environmental design professional with proven experience in creating and implementing award-winning exhibits and signage programs for clients such as the Museum of the Built Environment, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Museum of Natural History of Los Angeles County, Griffith Observatory, The Museum of American Finance, New York Public Library, Merck & Co., Inc, and the Knights of Columbus Museum. He earned a BFA in Graphic Design in 1986 from the School of Visual Arts, New York, NY.
Awards and Honors
- 2007 Society for Environmental Graphic Design (SEGD) Jury Award for the Griffith Observatory.
- 1999 Winner of the American Institute of Graphic Design’s (AIGA) Communication Graphics: 20 competition for the Lucent Technologies Video Wall.
- 1999 Critique magazine’s The Big Crit competition for the Lucent Technologies Video Wall.
- Recipient of the 1996 AIGA Certificate of Excellence Award for the New York Public Library (Science Industry and Business Library) signage program.
- Recipient of the 1996 SEGD Honor Award for the New York Public Library (Science Industry and Business Library) signage program.
- segdDESIGN issue no. 32, SEGD Services Corp., 2011
- What is Exhibition Design?, RotoVision Press, 2007
- Graphic Design USA: 20, AIGA Press, 2000
- You Are Here, Graphics that Direct, Explain and Entertain, SEGD Press, 1999
- Giant Graphics, Harper Collins, 1999
- Designing & Planning Environmental Graphics, Madison Square Press, 1994
- Critique, Print, How, VM+SD/Identity, Architectural Record and MUSEUM the journal of the American Association of Museums