Elisabeth O’Kane Lipartito earned a Ph.D. History from the University of Houston in 1993, and an MA. in History from University of Houston in 1990. She earned a Graduate Diploma in Women’s Studies from the University of London in 1984 and a BA in Honors History from the University of Sussex in 1982.
Ms. O'Kane Lipartito is currently the Program Coordinator for Florida Teaching Quality Grant at Florida International University where she is an Adjunct Professor of History. She is skilled in editing; writing; historical and contemporary research; genealogical research; museum publications; public history; oral history and interviewing; and indexing.
- 1993-1994 Adjunct Professor of History, University of Houston.
- Adjunct Professor of History, Florida International University.
- Visiting Professor of History, Florida International University.
- 2011 - 2014 Adjunct Professor of History, Florida International University.
- Service Corporation International: The Creation of the Modern Death Care Industry. Heritage Publishing, Dallas, TX, 1999. (Co-author William Henry Kellar.)
- “To Lift the City out of the Mud: Health Sanitation and Sewerage in Houston, 1840-1920,” The Houston Review Vol. XVII, 1995.
- Twenty-Fifth Anniversary History of the Graduate School of Social Work. University of Houston, 1989.
- Victor M. Uribe-Uran, Fatal Love: Spousal Killers, Ethnicity, Gender, Honor and the Law in the Late Colonial Spanish Atlantic (1750s-1820s). Forthcoming, Stanford University Press.
- William Henry Kellar, Thermal Energy Corporation: Dependable Energy for the Texas Medical Center. Houston, Texas. Forthcoming 2014.
- William Henry Kellar, Enduring Legacy: The M. D. Anderson Foundation and the Texas Medical Center. Texas A&M University Press, 2014.
- Richard Stranahan Ruiz & William H. Kellar, Ophthalmology at Hermann Hospital and the University of Texas, Houston: A Personal Perspective. Houston, TX, 2010.
- Kenneth Lipartito & Orville Butler, A History of the Kennedy Space Center. University Press of Florida, 2007.
- Kenneth Lipartito & David Sicilia, Constructing Corporate America: History, Politics, Culture. Oxford University Press, 2004.
- Kenneth Lipartito & Carol Heher Peters, Investing for Middle America: John Elliot Tappan and the Origins of American Express Financial Services. Palgrave Press, 2001.
- William Henry Kellar & Vaishals J. Patel, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic: A Legacy of Excellence in Health Care. Houston, TX, 1999.
- Mavis P. Kelsey, Sr., Twentieth Century Doctor: House Calls to Space Medicine. Texas A&M University Press, 1999.
- Kenneth Lipartito & Joseph Pratt, Baker & Botts and the Making of Modern Houston. University of Texas Press, Austin, TX, 1989.